Friday, February 1, 2008

Almost 12 Weeks!

I had an OB appointment today, one that has been causing me a lot of anxiety the past two weeks. I walked in, preparing myself to find out that the baby had passed. My morning sickness has improved so much the past two weeks that I was sure it was a sign that things had stopped progressing. I was amazed that I didn't have the highest blood pressure reading of my life! It was just 118 over 85. I've only gained a pound since the pregnancy started, so that was good news too.

The nurse took me into the exam room and the first thing she did was have me lie down so she could try to find the heartbeat with the doppler. She immediately found and it and it was loud and clear, so I burst into tears! She put it down and grabbed me some tissues. I apologized and she reassured me that it was okay. She tried to find it again to get a heart rate count, but the baby decided to play hide and seek and hid from her. She said she'd try again after the Dr talked to me.

The Dr came in and felt my tummy for a bit and talked to me, asked if I had any questions. We talked a bit about my appointment this coming Monday with the Maternal Fetal Expert (MFE) and she said she'd do my monthly antibody check today.

The nurse came in again and found the baby long enough to get a heart rate counted, 140's, then it hid again. She said if I ever wanted to come in before I was feeling consistant movements to listen for the heartbeat, just give her a call and she'd let me pop in.

Today was a very reassuring day. Monday we will learn more about the isoimmunity issue and get a sonogram. Nana is coming to spend the weekend with us and go see her new grandbaby on Monday. I will blog an update then, and hopefully a new pic!

7 comments:

RK said...

Yay...I'm so glad you got to hear that heartbeat!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO glad all is going well and you got to hear the heartbeat!!

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget hearing Ian's heartbeat for the first time! I'm glad your peanut obliged you today :)
I'm also glad to hear that you are feeling good. Take care mama!

Anonymous said...

That is great news, Deborah! I have been there after miscarriages and know how you can let your mind take over and scare yourself! Glad to hear things are going well.

Sara

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

That heartbeat is a wonderful, sweet sound isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things are looking up. Love you.

SunflowerStories said...

Thanks everyone! It's great to have your support and encouragement!