Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's been ages again!

I've been in a posting slump again, sorry. Hope I haven't lost all my readers forever! Time for another update.

Things have been going well with my pregnancy. My antibody levels have continued to remain low, so I am grateful to not have those concerns on my mind. I am following a fellow blogger that has the same antibody issues, but at the other end of the spectrum where her baby has been fighting anemia for weeks. She is going in for the forth in-utero blood transfusion tomorrow, so I am praying for another successful procedure. Here is Cara's blog, if you'd like to keep her family in your prayers, too: Me A Mom

I am easing into the nesting phase of pregnancy now, mainly because I fear that it will be too hot to do much near the end. We re-arranged furniture to clear out the baby's room so that I can start painting in there. For now, the queen size bed is in the boys' bedroom along with Aidan's rarely used twin bed. Doug has been trying to get Aidan and Sean adjusted to sharing that room by sleeping in there with them. Sean and Doug like it just fine, but Aidan still wakes up and runs to hop in with Mommy around 2 am. I am hoping that he is willing to sleep in there before the baby arrives, as I do not need a 5 yr old kicking me in my back while very pregnant!

I told Aidan what we plan on naming his baby sister and he has been spreading the news like a busy bee. Might as well share it here, too. :) It's Eleanor Ruby. The first name is after my grandmother and the second name is one I fell in love with this pregnancy. We have nicknamed her "Ella", so Aidan has been telling people that his baby's name is Ella Ruby. Too stinkin' cute.

We are in the last month of preschool now and trying to decide how we will spend our summer. Sean can attend a summer session at school, but I haven't heard the dates and times yet. We are thinking about signing Aidan up for a summer sport, probably t-ball. He hasn't participated in any organized sports yet, so we wonder if it is something he would enjoy. I did get him pre-enrolled at the Magnet School near our house that we want the kids to attend. He is actually excited about going there, but the adjustment to all day school will probably take him awhile to get used to. Doug is hoping to spend some time this summer rebuilding our deck- a much needed project!

As much as I am trying to prepare for our new arrival and cut back on other activities, I have come to the conclusion that life marches forward! I recently attended an orientation meeting to volunteer as the parent-to-parent support person for new families of children with Down syndrome in my city. I look forward to being able to reach out to others and hopefully help them as they begin this journey. I am also starting to think about the October Buddy Walk and how much I feel I can assist this year. In November, our city will once again be hosting the annual Kansas La Leche League conference so I will probably find a way to offer my help there. Then we add in two different schools that the boys will attend (Sean at preschool and Aidan at kindergarten) and I know I will want to be involved with their projects. Baby Ella is going to be a girl on the go!

Well, this is a lengthy bit for everyone to chew on for awhile. I'll end it with a peek at the growing belly being showered with love by her siblings!

6 comments:

RK said...

It sounds like you ARE going to be busy. Ella will adapt so well, I'm sure. And what a pretty name!

Anonymous said...

Tell the boys to give Ella a Kiss for me.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I love the name you chose - so beautiful! You have been a busy person. The video is too cute :)

JennyH said...

Love the name. My grandmother's name as well!

Cute video. The "cheese" cracks me up. That is what Max does too!

Hope thh rest of your pregnancy goes smooth. And yeah, you know it will be HOT shortly!

Anonymous said...

Great video, it's so fun to see you guys! Your belly is beautiul mama and what a name...I love it!!! Glad you are doing well sister! Give the boys and Ella some lovin' from us :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.