Saturday, November 20, 2010

Weekend without Daddy

The best thing to do when Daddy's gone is keep busy with fun, out-of-the-ordinary activities. So Friday evening, the kids and I had a PJs, Pizza and Movie Slumber Party. I piled lots of blankets and pillows on the living room floor, got Papa Johns delivered and ordered Cats & Dogs: the Revenge of Kitty Galore on cable. It's pretty rare that we all sit down together and watch a movie, so it was really fun for all of us. And the movie was pretty funny, too.





After a fairly good night's sleep, I made eggs, sausage and toast for us for breakfast then bundled us up to go see the Annual Holiday Parade. The last year we went, it was super cold and we barely lasted 15 minutes before the kids wanted to sit in the car. This year it ended up being much warmer than I expected, so they didn't complain about the temp at all. Sean had problems with the loud noises, but managed to enjoy some of it. After an hour, Aidan had filled his coat pockets as well as mine. Sean was beginning to get restless, wanted to go sit inside the coffeeshop instead of watch the parade, so we didn't last until the end. In all, it went a lot better than I expected, especially since I some how managed to get a kink in my back and can't quite more very well.











I might try to get them to a park after lunch and naptime this afternoon. With it getting dark at 5:30, it really puts a crunch on our outdoor playtime. It's up to almost 60 degrees so I want to get out before it turns cold next week!

P.S. I searched back in my blog to find the link from when we took the kids to this parade before and I think we might of skipped it last year. When I found the previous year's post about it, I had to laugh because Sean is wearing the exact same outfit today that Aidan wore when we went when he was 6. Hee hee.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Hope your back is feeling better now.