Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Best Part of Down Syndrome

There's a great post over at Down Syndrome New Mama where she asks "What's your favorite part about Down syndrome?" Here's my reply:
My favorite part is ironically the part that first alerts many expectant parents: my son's utterly kissable back of his neck. I adore having him melt into my arms with his fantastic hugs, then smooching on that sweet lil neck of his. I often wonder at this moment of pure happiness how anyone could see this part as a sign of something bad.


This is one of my favorite photos of his early months, the.best.giggles.in.the.world!



Have a happy Sunday, friends!

7 comments:

A Lady Called Amy said...

:-) Babies are so amazing, aren't they?!

I read an exerpt in "Gifts" by you last night. When I saw the picture and read his name was Sean, I thought it might be you, and then I got to the end and it was!

That's a great book. It makes me smile so much to read it!

Have a great day Deborah! Stay warm!!

SunflowerStories said...

Amy, I'm glad you enjoyed the essay. Gifts is such a wonderful book!

My name is Sarah said...

OH what a cute picture.

Beverly said...

love that photo!

Brandie said...

That picture is the best!

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

You can feel the LOVE!!!

Mary said...

Love the photo! Makes me miss the baby stage just a bit.