Saturday, December 5, 2009

Trimming the Tree

Today we set up our Christmas tree and indoor decorations. While I long to one day again have a beautiful tree full of pretty glass ornaments that sparkle under the lights, I must say that there is something very warm and fuzzy about a kid-friendly tree. I laid out all the ornaments that I deemed toddler safe and let the boys have fun putting them on the tree.




Doug and I did go back later and shift some up to higher branches to balance it out.



And then I had to go back one more time to move the candy canes above the "Ella Line" after she chewed on half of them. ;)



I asked Aidan to hang the stockings by the chimney with care...




in hopes that Saint Nickolas soon will be here!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I just love decorating for Christmas - it looks like your boys had lots of fun!

JennyH said...

We did this yesterday. I know what you mean about the toddler safe tree! One day we will have breakables on our tree again. But for now, the kid-friendly one work great. They will be moved around about 8 times a day!

Your tree looks awesome!

Nutmeg said...

I love this time of year...even if I am spending all my time picking tinsel off the floor!

Hey, guess who won the giveaway...

Amy

Beverly said...

looks like fun. love the last photo of Sean!