Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Review Meme

I found this on a blog I read, if you care to take it, let me know so I can read yours!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I ate cooter.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make any, so I didn't break any. For 2010, I'd like to find a way to exercise and get back into pre-baby shape.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Two of my oldest friends had their first children (both girls), another old friend adopted her first child (also a girl) and a great local friend had her second baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Dad's father died this year, whom we called Pa. He was a great man, who lived a very full and colorful life. He is missed by many. We also said goodbye to my beloved cat, Audrey. And we will never forget Rhiannon.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the country this year, but I did visit Florida for the first time.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I'm always seeking more patience with my children. I also would like more one-on-one time with my husband.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 11. Letting go was the hardest thing I did last year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to knit! I've wanted to learn for a few years, but really didn't expect that I would catch on as well as I did. Not that I'm so fabulous or anything, it's just that I get so amazed that I've learned to take a piece of yarn and transform it into objects that can be used.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My complete inability to start going to the gym for exercise. We joined the Y last spring and to date, only go to swim with the kids. Ella just hasn't been emotionally ready for daycare type settings so I haven't been able to go just for myself. I know how good it will make me feel, but I can't let go of how stressful it will be for her.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yep, I broke my arm.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
For myself, knitting needles. Oh, and I've been working on getting new clothes for myself over the past year. I managed to find some shoes I like, got a new winter coat, and lots of pants. I've been so reluctant to buy myself clothing because I always want to put the children's needs first or I don't want to waste money on my changing body size. Having new clothes that fit has helped my self-image.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Well, this certainly varies. At times I've felt very blessed by good behavior from each of my children and the support of my spouse and family.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
We've had trying times within my family unit this year. Moments when I feel I have had enough of everything and just want to walk away for a few hours. Mostly I blame myself, I think the demands of having three young children have been hard for me to handle. I love each and every one of my children, but get overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for them, then depressed that I am not all that I want to be for them.

14. Where did most of your money go?
After bills for the house, I think food is our biggest money pit.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My children's accomplishments this year: Aidan learning to read more rapidly, Sean gaining potty control and his expanding communication abilities, Eleanor's blossoming from baby to toddler.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I am so not into current music! We just got Sirius radio for our van for Christmas so I don't have to listen to local stations and can live in my music of teen/college years. LOL Doug did mention that on Aidan's ipod, the #1 most played song is this one recorded by Doug and Aidan.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? SAME
b) thinner or fatter? SAME
c) richer or poorer? RICHER

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleep, spend time with my husband, relax.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stress over household stuff.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Not with anyone new.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I rarely watch tv, but do have a fascination with Project Runway, Tabitha's Salon Takeover, Clean House and Hoarders.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of.

24. What did you want and get?
I really wanted Sean to be potty trained over this year, or before kindergarten in Aug 2010 and I think he's going to meet that wish.

25. What did you want and not get?
I really want Sean off of baby foods before kindergarten 2010 and I'm not sure that's a possibility.

26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I honestly don't remember! I didn't blog about it, so that doesn't help me out. Ha ha ha. I turned 38 in 2009.

27. Who did you miss?
I really miss my Grandma B. I just am enjoying having Ella in our lives that I'd love to share her with my Grandma.