Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pink for Boys

Sean's class has been focusing on colors this month. Every day they have to wear a certain color shirt to school, the same color for two days in a row. Monday & Tuesday's color is pink. I spent waaaay too much time searching for pink shirts for boys over the last couple of weeks. Nothing. Finally I decided to tie-dye a couple of shirts with a little pink on them and call it good.

Of course, I waited until today to do it even though I've had the supplies for the past week. In fact, I am still in the process of running them through the wash cycles now. I made two shirts for Sean, one is pink, purple and blue and the other is pink and green. Of course, I made one for Aidan as well, he loves pink.

I couldn't go through all the time and trouble for just three shirts, so I decided to dye Sean's prefold diapers as well. Now he has 2 orange, 2 purple, 2 green and 2 tie-dye diapers. Silly, I know, since they just get covered with a cover anyway, but cute nonetheless.

I couldn't find my rubber kitchen gloves (Sean has a habit of stealing them to wear around the house & who knows where they are now) so I also dyed my hands a bit. :)

I will add a pic of the colorful project when they are done drying.

At least my son will have a chance to point out his pink shirt on Monday.

Edited to add a photo! Sean is wearing one of the shirts today, but here is the rest. The shirt in the foreground is Sean's shirt for tomorrow. Doug is not so crazy about the 3 bullseye targets. Hey, it's supposed to be fun, right? The orange & green tye dyed diaper is fugly! Good thing he's just going to poop on it.

4 comments:

RK said...

Tie-dye is the best...good choice!

JennyH said...

You should post a picture!! I like tye-dye. I could do it well back when I was a teenager (we did it in one of my classes). I tried it twice this summer with the kids and neither turned out that great. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

My nephew (he's 3) LOVES pink and has so much pink stuff it is crazy!

JennyH said...

Those turned out good. You'll have to tell me how you did it....

JennyH said...

Ok, I looked for an email link but didn't see one. Would you please email me and let me know how your shirts turned out so well!??
jharootunian@comcast.net
Thanks